Celebrating over a decade of helping
schools achieve excellence in teaching!
The Jewish New Teacher Project (JNTP) helps Jewish day schools achieve teaching excellence by increasing teacher effectiveness, teacher retention and student achievement and bringing the language of teaching standards, collaboration and professional development into school culture.
When we focus on teachers, our students succeed!
JNTP is dedicated to improving student learning by accelerating the effectiveness of beginning teachers in Jewish day schools. Our teacher induction model focuses on improving beginning teachers’ classroom practice through high quality, intensive mentoring, resulting in reflective practitioners who are responsive to the needs of all students, creating stronger classrooms and leading to higher student achievement.
JNTP-trained mentors meet weekly with their beginning teachers and guide them in developing practical skills in classroom management, lesson planning and pedagogy, and also provide emotional and practical support as they adjust to their first years of teaching.
Measures of our impact include:
- We have trained over 320 mentors to improve the effectiveness of more than 850 beginning teachers
- By 2019, 16,000 students per year will have a teacher trained by JNTP!
- JNTP has supported new teacher induction in over 130 schools in Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Washington, D.C. and Canada
- We partner with a broad denominational spectrum of Jewish day schools to implement JNTP’s mentoring program in a manner respectful of each school’s philosophy and approach
- JNTP has pioneered online mentor forums and online communities of practice for new teachers
- 50% of our mentors and 30% of our new teachers have become teacher leaders in schools, including department heads, curriculum leaders, assistant principals and principals
You get FAR more than what you pay for!
The Jewish New Teacher Project is part of the New Teacher Center (NTC) in Santa Cruz, CA, which, since 1998, has been renowned for its comprehensive, research-based instructional mentoring and professional development programs. NTC is one of the most innovative, impactful, entrepreneurial, scalable non-profits in the country. The organization has won almost every award in the U.S. for social innovation and scalability.
When you work with JNTP, not only do you benefit from our decade plus of expertise in Jewish day schools, you also benefit from the association with one of the most sophisticated organizations addressing educational improvement in the country!
Early Career Administrator Coaching
JNTP now helps support new administrators through their transitions. We are coaching new administrators (1-3 yers in role) responsible for supervising teachers. There are two models:
- One-on-one coaching support
- A cohort of new administrators in the same geographical region